Students’ Cyber-Design Challenge
NEW DATES - Nov. 1st to Nov. 19th
The Canadian Cyber Threat Exchange (CCTX) and the Smart Cybersecurity Network (Serene-risc) invite undergraduate and graduate university students from all disciplines and from across Canada to participate in their joint Cyber-Design Challenge. The Canadian Cyber Threat Exchange (CCTX) is Canada’s only cross-sector cyber threat collaboration forum and source of cyber threat intelligence.
Students will work in teams of 3 or 4 to design tools and solutions to improve the effectiveness of the cctx sharing portal.
Participating students will have the opportunity to attend training webinars on cybersecurity, information-sharing and human-computer interaction. They will be mentored by a diverse group of experienced cybersecurity professionals who will help them identify and execute their most promising ideas. Students will then present their results to the CCTX Technical Committee.
Prizes: $3,000 for winning team and $2,000 for the runner-up.
- INTRODUCE students with no prior experience to cybersecurity as a career path;
- DEVELOP students’ understanding of the Canadian cybersecurity ecosystem, its key players and the role that they play in securing Canada’s economy and individual users;
- CONNECT students with key players in the cybersecurity industry through CCTX, helping recruiters access highly motivated and skilled talent;
- CHALLENGE students from a broad range of disciplines to help solve practical cybersecurity problems faced by Canadian organizations and support them to develop innovative and impactful solutions;
- HELP CCTX and its members identify evidence-based and effective threat intelligence sharing tools and practices that can improve the cybersecurity of Canadian organizations (and help make these tools available to the Canadian cybersecurity ecosystem).
Registration | Deadline Oct. 28th
Mentor consultations (3 mentors per team in rotation / 30 minutes per mentor)
Team Work | Nov. 8th – Nov. 18th
Team Presentations | Nov. 19th
To register individually or as a team, please email us your name(s), university affiliation, discipline, and level of study (undergraduate, postgraduate or doctoral) at email@example.com